Holiday Shopping, Stay Alert!
It’s that time of the year again… Christmas lights, reindeer, Santa, and all things merry and bright. It’s also a perfect opportunity for predators to take advantage of you and your loved ones. According to this news report, the FBI ranks Albuquerque 1st in the nation in property crimes and 2nd in violent crimes. It’s imperative to take extra precautions in order to be safe around the holidays. I’ve compiled a few tips to help you stay cognizant of your surroundings when you’re out and about.
Here is a list of tips to remember
- Make sure to keep one hand always free, if you’re comfortable carrying some sort of tool/deterrent like pepper spray, a cat keychain, or flashlight, do so.
- It is always a good idea to use the buddy system, you can always ask for assistance to walk out of the store with a security escort.
- Park in well-lit locations when you’re in a shopping mall, grocery store and anywhere else will there will be lots of people, that means more opportunities for predators to be planning their attack.
- Remember bad people will go where the opportunity is easy. They will use the path of least resistance. Make it hard for them to target you.
- If you must carry a purse do so with some ownership. If you can preplan and not carry a purse at all that is the safest way to do it.
- Walk with a purpose, confidently, and head on a swivel so you see what’s happening around you.
Stay safe! We want you to be HERE in 2018.
Remain confident with your power.